Thursday, January 2, 2014
Happy New Year!I hope you all had a great holiday or winter break or whatever that ends up being for you. For us, it was a lot of lego, a lot of cookies, and a lot of pajamas. I couldn't be happier with it. My 2013 had a bunch of high points, and I am hoping 2014 can top them.
In this blog's previous incarnation, I posted about our home remodeling projects. Mostly the kitchen. That whole set of projects kinda stalled out, in part due to finances, and in part due to family/contractor situation. (Short form: Our contractor is my father in law. Step mother in law passed away over a year ago, and my father in law just hasn't felt like doing anything, which I am totally sympathetic to. In addition, we were in aggressive debt repayment mode, which should be coming to an end in the next few months. Hopefully, it will soon be Game On for home remodeling projects.)
|Will it ever be 'done'?|
For now, I am doing the Apartment Therapy January Cure. I am really hoping this will help me get over my "nothing will EVER be done around this house" malaise. We have so many projects, many of which are completely dependent on other projects. (Like, remember the structural engineering? Still need to finish that.)
I am hoping the January Cure can help me spruce up without freaking out too much about the dependency chain of our home reno.
- Clean up my desk
- Clean up Thomas's desk
- Deal with the things piling up on the window sill and counters
Christmas Decoration Overload(did this tonight!)
- Lego have taken over this room.
- Fireplace screen falls overhand is fragile.
- Storage ottoman: what is even in that thing?
- Entry show drop off is a disaster
- Better lighting for my side of the couch
- (Not doing much in here, since we are hoping to do a gut job in 2014)
- Artwork is banged up
- Need more hooks for robes and towels
- Need to do something to contain the toothpaste
- Need to organize the things falling out of the medicine cabinet.
- (Not doing much in here, since we are hoping to do some medium sized reno work here)
- Organize my makeup and jewelry
Thomas's Room/ Guest Room
- (Both of these rooms just got spruced up, so not much to do in here.)
- Fix up the curtains in Thomas's under-bed reading cave.
- Organize Thomas's art work for the guest room, and hang up some additional pieces.
So that's my list for Day 1 of the January Cure. Hopefully I'll post some highlights over the next month. In the meantime, here's a small selection of my 2013 highlights.
A Selection of 2013 Highlights
|We had a 10th anniversary!|
|And renewed our vows after a golf cart ride|
|I finished a half marathon! 13.1 baby!|
|And I got a new haircut. It will never look like this again because my hairdresser dried it all straight.|
Hope you all had an awesome year. Happy 2014!