Friday, August 26, 2011
Here it is
- Build a powder room and mud room in the old kitchen.
- Replace exterior door into the mudroom.
- Railing for mud room door.
- Tear out fake plastic brick wall in living room.
- Tear out and center the fireplace in living room. and build a new one.
- Construct built-ins and add matching (custom milled, to match the original) trim around the stained glass windows.
- Re-Concrete driveway.
- Refinish or replace hardwood floors.
- We're leaving the boring carpet in place until the rest of the work is done. We're smart.
- Replace windows in the mudroom, master bedroom, and bath.
- Gut and remodel the 2nd story bath. Probably down to studs. Probably also involves some plumbing.
- Take over the closet in Thomas's room and make it into a double closet in the master.
- Build a new closet in the weird shaped cubby in Thomas's room.
- I think Jeff thinks we can skip this, but I think that's a bad plan. If we don't build it when we take over the other one, we never will.
- Refinish basement! Including:
- Man Room
- Laundry Room
- 3/4 bath
- Storage and craft room
- Attic: what do we do here? I don't know! something about the HVAC and set it up to be a useful space.
|Those yew are GONE, by the way.|
- Bigger art over the TV.
- Other Best book case to match the one we have, flanking the fireplace.
- Get a better, flatter fireplace screen.
- Finish painting trim white.
- Dismantle desk in the Estroden
- Replace Estroden desk w/ the $50 IKEA add on desk for my Expedit
- Move the futon from the attic into the Estroden to make it a guest room.
- Paint exterior door in kitchen
- Backsplash someday!
- Strip paint from interior doors
- Paint and swap furniture around in master bedroom
- I want to move the bed 90 degrees. It's in front a window no matter where we put it, but I think on the other window will be more centered on the bed and look better.
- Paint the hallway. Man, that's an awful fleshy beige color.
- Move the liquor cabinet into the man room and get a real buffet.
- Paint and decorate Thomas's room. All small scale stuff, but it's just a bunch of wacky colors right now.
Basically every room needs something. I wonder where I should start.